by Sophie Gamand
O objetivo da série ‘Flower Power’ é desmistificar a imagem perigosa e agressiva criada em torno dos cães da raça Pit Bull:
"I realized pit bulls were always portrayed in very urban, gritty photographs. The imagery associated with these dogs is often harsh, very contrasted, conveying the idea of them being tough. In my opinion, this feeds the myth that these dogs are dormant psychopaths. So I decided to take the other route and portray them like hippies, soft fairy-tale-inspired characters, feminine and dreamy. The idea of Flower Power blossomed."
via: my modern met
featured on colossal today, very exciting.
In DC for work. Awesome sauce.
1. Women Delivering Ice, 1918
2. Times Square, 1947
3. Portrait Used to Design the Penny. President Lincoln Meets General McClellan – Antietam, Maryland ca September 1862
4. Marilyn Monroe, 1957
5. Newspaper boy Ned Parfett sells copies of the evening paper bearing news of Titanic’s sinking the night before. (April 16, 1912)
6. Easter Eggs for Hitler, c 1944-1945
7. Sergeant George Camblair practicing with a gas mask in a smokescreen – Fort Belvoir, Virginia, 1942
8. Helen Keller meeting Charlie Chaplin in 1919
9. Painting WWII Propaganda Posters, Port Washington, New York – 8 July 1942
10. Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge ca 1935
See the rest here: http://noarmycanstopanidea.com/20-historic-black-and-white-pictures-restored-in-color/